We like to try and make Christmas magical by doing different things on the countdown, this can be really difficult with our clashing shifts and work hours. Some of these things will be free, some are not at all free, some things are a one off for this year, some things we do every year, some are indoors and some are outdoors! We put the tree and decorations up before we went away, to make sure the house felt Christmassy when we came back!
We went to Glasgow and headed to the Christmas Markets! A nice Christmassy way to welcome December! We were travelling here specifically for NBC live with an Orchestra, we have never travelled this far for Christmas Markets before! Ended up being cheap as we bought nothing!
We had booked to see Nightmare Before Christmas, live with an Orchestra and original cast at the Hydro for its 25th anniversary. Super Christmassy, very wonderful and I dont think it is something we will see happening again! I bought middle range seats!
We watched a program about the making of Home Alone on Netflix, can just pass as Christmassy but had driven back from Glasgow, been shopping for food and also bought some new decorations from the Range! Technically Christmassy to buy decorations?!
Hubby had been working some ridiculous hours today, so the dogs and I watched Christmas films on Netflix! Some of the homemade ones are so good, really give you the Christmas feels!
We watched The Holiday, technically a Christmas film, very good film!
Another Christmas film tonight, with the dark nights and wet weather, this is a good way to welcome Christmas! We havent decided which one yet
We are going for a Christmas meal with friends at their house, this should be a nice cheap evening, with board games and festive things!
We haven’t planned out any other specifics yet, but the other things that we like to do are:
- Get Christmas Hot Chocolates- home made or shop bought, maybe both
- Go out for a Christmas meal
- Wrap presents
- Watch many of the Christmas films we love, Polar Express is saved for Christmas Eve and Elf is always on Christmas day! Other films: Christmas Chronicles, Home Alone 1&2, Santa Claus 1&2, Get Santa, Jingle all the way, Die hard (!?) and I am sure there are others!
- Go light hunting, this is sometimes done more than once, we pick a direction and head off looking for the best light displays in our area, the dogs come too!
- This year we will be decorating a second tree, which my mum is giving to us
- Adventure to local shops, garden centres and local markets to get that buzz and find local gifts
- Hubby has a December birthday, on that day we ignore Christmas and make it about him!
- Do the gift delivery to family
- Go to Santa night if not in work!
- Wear Christmas clothes, this can be just around the house, to work or when we go out!
Please share any ideas that you do, or traditions that you have, I am always looking to expand my horizons!